How Do Hosting Services Work?
A hosting solution means hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web server handled by a hosting supplier. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a web page, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service made available by given hosts, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between separate sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some companies offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an immense number of images with buddies or partners since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some distributors offer hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you want to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to use as many videos as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At AppDome Services you can have a gaze at shared hosting and dedicated server accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific content only.